Veteran Applicant

Ringling College of Art and Design is approved for veterans’ study under several GI Bills®, and participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.  Veterans and eligible dependents need to contact the School Certifying Official in the Office of Finanical Aid.

In accordance with Amended Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (f) a deferment of tuition and fees will be issued for all students who are using VA educational benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the Department of Veteran Affairs. This school will not:

  • Prevent the student’s enrollment;

  • Assess a late penalty fee to the student;

  • Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;

  • Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students will be required to:

  • Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;

  • Provide a completed request for certification form;

  • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies. In some cases, discharged veterans must provide a copy of their Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD 214)* in order to prove eligibility for other benefits such as those provided for in State of Florida statutes, for example.

*The best way to receive a copy of your DD 214 is to register for an eBenefits account at Once you have an account, click the "Manage Benefits" tab, and go to the Military Personnel File (DPRIS) link to request a copy of your DD 214. If you served before records were scanned into the system, please visit and click the "Request Military Records Online" tab.

Office of Financial Aid
School Certifying Officer
Ulla Searing Center, 2nd Floor
(941) 359-7539